Employment Services support people to obtain meaningful, community-based employment, earning competitive wages and beneﬁts like other members of the community. The CLS supports job seekers to develop their skills so they can obtain “real work for real pay”.
Employment Services assist the job seeker to develop a personalized employment plan that reflects their strengths, interests, skills, and abilities. Employment supports include:
- Job readiness skills – resume writing, interviewing and discovering new skills;
- Building relationships with local potential employers;
- Meeting with employers to negotiate or customize job positions;
- Identification of possible supports at the workplace to increase independence and decrease the need for paid supports;
- On-site job training;
- Ongoing assistance to the job seeker, and the employer;
- Additional job coaching when needed to ensure that everyone’s needs continue to be
The CLS supports job seekers with an intelectual disability find employment and realize their dreams of being fully included in communiyt. We will focus on aligning your employment needs with the skills and interests of our applicants to ensure that the person you hire adds to the value of your business.
Typically support is provided Monday to Friday from 9:00 – 5:00. However, the CLS Employment team are team is available to work with job seekers and employers at times that are appropriate to provide on the job support.
For more information on the Employment program, contact Max Sumner – Director of Programs: 604.523.0303