With Individualized Supports services are provided one-to-one either in the community or in the person’s home. The goals of people who choose Individualized Supports often include a desire to:
- increase their confidence and decision-making abilities
- increase personal motivation
- have help to make new friends and have professional relationships
- access and contribute to their community
- improve their communication skills
- budget and manage money
- learn to cook and maintain a home.
This program is unique in that you and your family get choice in who will support you, when the supports will be provided, and how you will be assisted. The CLS hires support staff with diverse backgrounds in education, coaching and mentoring.
To talk to someone at CLS about Individualized Supports, contact Elke Tilgner, Director of Community Inclusion.